E-Safety at St. Aidan's
The Internet has become part of our everyday lives and it is now easier to access then ever before, however using the Internet can also have risks.
Children and young people are more at risk of exposure to inappropriate or criminal behaviour if they are unaware of the dangers.
These dangers can include:
- viewing unsuitable and inappropriate content e.g. adult content, sites that endorse unhealthy behaviour, hate material, social networking sites or games which are not age appropriate
- giving out personal information
- arranging to meet an online 'friend'
- becoming involved in, or the victim of, bullying, identity theft, or making and sending indecent or illegal images
- spending too much time online which can effect concentration, education, sleep and health
- copying information from the Internet or buying work from other people to use as their own.
St. Aidan's aim's to help children, staff, parent's, carers to understand these dangers and help to combat them.